Family Reunion Size Spaghetti Salad
Rose Mary Mogan
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- spaghetti, cooked aldente(about 7 or 8 minutes)
- 1 large
- jar mccormick salad supreme
- 16 oz. bottles robust or zesty italian dressing
- 8 oz
- pkg. pepperoni, thin sliced save some for garnish)
- 2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small
- can black olives, sliced (more if desired)
- 4 stick
- celery, (chopped fine)
- 6-8 medium
- fresh tomatoes, chopped or( 4-16 oz. cans diced & drained)
- 2 large
- green bell peppers chopped( save some for garnish)
- 2 large
- red bell peppers chopped (save some for garnish)
- 1 bunch
- green onions, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 lb
- shredded or cubed provolone or mozzarella
- long roasting pan
- garnish of pepperoni, & red & green peppers if desired
1Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water, for approximately 7 to 8 minutes, or just until al dente. Remove from heat & drain into large colander, & rinse in cold water till cool.
2Empty into VERY LARGE bowl. Then add remaining ingredients, one or two items at a time and stir to mix as you go, till all of the remaining ingredients have been added. Toss with the Italian Dressing, and pour into a large pan, or several pans or containers. It is best to prepare salad a day in advance so that the flavors has a chance to marry.Store in fridge till ready to serve.
3If fresh tomatoes are too expensive use 2 large or 4 of the 15 1/5 oz size, but WELL DRAINED. May also cut recipe in half if desired, and you have big pasta lovers in your crowd.
NOTE: It is very important NOT TO LET SPAGHETTI sit in HOT WATER, as it continues to cook , and will get too soggy. Drain immediately after removing from heat.