Family Reunion Size Spaghetti Salad
Rose Mary Mogancookinginillinois
I made this recipe one year for our Family Reunion. I added ingredients that I loved, and everyone else loved it too. You can also add cooked shrimp to this salad if you like. The recipe is just what it implies FAMILY REUNION SIZE. It is for a large crowd. This was one of about 27 items that I had on the menu that year. The family loved this recipe, some had never eaten cold spaghetti in a salad before, but really did like my version. It is very similiar to many versions with a few different changes, some recipes use less ingredients & others use more, it is all in what you like.
- 2 lb
- spaghetti, cooked aldente(about 7 or 8 minutes)
- 1 large
- jar mccormick salad supreme
- 16 oz. bottles robust or zesty italian dressing
- 8 oz
- pkg. pepperoni, thin sliced save some for garnish)
- 2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small
- can black olives, sliced (more if desired)
- 4 stick
- celery, (chopped fine)
- 6-8 medium
- fresh tomatoes, chopped or( 4-16 oz. cans diced & drained)
- 2 large
- green bell peppers chopped( save some for garnish)
- 2 large
- red bell peppers chopped (save some for garnish)
- 1 bunch
- green onions, chopped fine (optional)
- 1 lb
- shredded or cubed provolone or mozzarella
- long roasting pan
- garnish of pepperoni, & red & green peppers if desired
1Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water, for approximately 7 to 8 minutes, or just until al dente. Remove from heat & drain into large colander, & rinse in cold water till cool.
2Empty into VERY LARGE bowl. Then add remaining ingredients, one or two items at a time and stir to mix as you go, till all of the remaining ingredients have been added. Toss with the Italian Dressing, and pour into a large pan, or several pans or containers. It is best to prepare salad a day in advance so that the flavors has a chance to marry.Store in fridge till ready to serve.
3If fresh tomatoes are too expensive use 2 large or 4 of the 15 1/5 oz size, but WELL DRAINED. May also cut recipe in half if desired, and you have big pasta lovers in your crowd.
NOTE: It is very important NOT TO LET SPAGHETTI sit in HOT WATER, as it continues to cook , and will get too soggy. Drain immediately after removing from heat.