Extremely easy if you have a mandolin to julienne with. Even my son who does not like tomatoes said it was wonderful!!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 large
- zucchini, was given a garden one and it was about 18
- i used one small onion, wished it could have been a sweet one, but a yellow one worked
- 1 large
- clove of garlic (used a plainer)
- 1 or 2
- vine ripened tomato - ones that are a little overripe are great
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- cloves, parsley - basically season to taste
- 1/4 to 1/3 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 c
- balsomic vinegar
1I used a mandolin to julienne the onion and zucchini on a medium size blade. Grated the garlic. (All in a fairly large mixing Bowl) Also Add the tomato chopped and save that wonderful juice for the salad as well!!
2Began seasonings (I use a product called Morton's Seasonings) Sea Salt and Pepper Cracked ... then begin incorporating the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar stirring constantly. For me, I added a little bit more Sea Salt at the end.
3From there you just eat and enjoy. I give it a good stir before eating, and keep it in a sealed air tight container to preserve the freshness. It is truly a great alternate to a lettuce salad and much more crunchy. Next time I think I will add some toasted almonds or some Sesame Seeds ... just a thought!! It is also a lot better as left overs because the vegetables continue to marinate!!I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. ~Diana