A pretty salad...a few ingredients but is very good. It is one of those salads you can add something else if you dont like one of the ingredients. You might even want to try adding chopped jalapenos. I personally do not care for peas and leave them out so add what you personally like. The dressing "marinade" is what makes this salad as well as the shredded cheese.
- head of cauliflower, cleaned and cut up into small pieces
- head of broccoli, cleaned and cup up into small pieces
- 2 7oz can(s)
- pitted sliced black olives (you can use green if you wish)
- 1 8oz can(s)
- of mushrooms. i use freshly chopped ones...about 3
- 1 10 oz box
- frozen peas, uncooked
- 1 small
- onion grated (i chop mine up in the food processor)
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- now the dressing ingredients
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder ( i chop one garlic clove up when i am chopping up the onions in the food processor instead of using the powder)
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- each of dry mustard, sweet basil, oregano and paprika
- 1 c
- apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar or vinegar of your choice.
- 1 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp
1Combine vegetables and cheese together and set aside while you are putting together the dressing ingredients.
2Combine the dressing ingredients and add them to the vegetables. Marinate for 6 to 8 hours.
3If you prefer, like I do, I steam the cut up broccoli and cauliflower with a little water in a covered dish in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute. That way they are still crisp but not so hard tasting. Make sure they are cooled down though before you add the cheese :)