Great variation of Cabbage Slaw.
- salad: head of cabbage (chopped)
- 8 green onions (chopped)
- 2 packages of ramon noodles soup (use noodles only, crumbled finely)
- ½ c. sesame seeds
- ¾ c. sliced almonds
- 1 stick of butter
- optional-1 c. red/purple cabbage/carrotts
- four strips of bacon fried crispy
- dressing: 1 c. oil (virgin olive oil is best, but vegetable oil is okay)
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2t. accent
- 1t. salt
- 1t. pepper
Mix Cabbage and Green onions together in a large bowl with a lid.
Brake up Ramon Noodles finely and mix into cabbage mixture and refrigerate.
Lightly brown sesame seeds in a tablespoon of butter. Cool completely.
Add to Cabbage and toss, return to refrigerator.
Mix together and pour over cabbage just before serving. Mix up a double batch of dressing if you like and let guest add their own.
Top cabbage with crispy bacon (crumbled)
To add more color I sometimes add chopped purple cabbage and shredded carrots ( I use a potato peeler to get very thin strips of carrot and then cut into small pieces)