Buffet Layered Salad
Have not used this recipe. This is from garage sale cookbook for .20 cents, entitled "Campbell,s creative cooking with soup" last printed in 1985. Beautiful pictures of prepared recipes, this one is layered and looks fantastic. This one makes a bunch, will have to try this over holidays or have a buffet.
- 1 can
- condensed soup, cream of mushroom, cream of celery, or cream of chicken
- 1 cup
- base, sour cream, or plain yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbs
- grated onion
- 6 cups
- torn salad greens
- 2 cups
- sliced mushrooms
- medium tomatoes, diced, or more to your taste
- 1/2 cup
- chopped green onions, or to taste
- garnish....sliced ripe or green olives, chopped fresh parsley, chopped hard-cooked eggs
- medium veggies, thinly sliced, cucumbers, or zucchini or carrots or cauliflower or broccoli
11...For dressing, in medium bowl, combine choice of Soup, choice of Base...sour cream, plain yogurt or mayonnaise, cheese and onion. Mix until smooth; set aside.
22...In clear 4-quart bowl, layer salad greens, your choice of veggies, mushrooms and tomatoes. Spoon dressing over salad, spreading to cover salad. Cover, refrigerate until serving time, at least 4 hours.
Sprinkle with green or ripe sliced olives and onions and your choice of Garnish before serving.
4Tips: Use your favorite salad greens. Choose a mixture of iceberg, Boston, Bibb, Romaine, Butter leaf and red-tipped lettuces, as well as spinach, Endive, Arugula, Radicchio, Watercress and Parsley.