Brown Rice, Beluga Lentils, Spinach, and Feta Salad
I changed it to brown rice and beluga lentils in order to accommodate friends of mine with gluten intolerance.
If you need to substitute for the beluga lentils, don't use brown or red as they tend to get too mushy. Green or french lentils should work well.
This recipe is pretty flexible so feel free to use your imagination.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- brown rice, cooked
- 2 c
- beluga lentils, cooked (dried beluga lentils can be purchased at williams-sonoma)
- 1 c
- scallion greens, thinly sliced
- 3 c
- baby spinach, chopped
- 1 c
- feta cheese, crumbled (or to taste)
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon if using a citrus press)
- lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 c
- extra-virgin olive oil (good quality)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1Whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl, then add hot rice and lentils and toss. Add chopped spinach and mix thoroughly until it begins to wilt and let cool.
If using leftover rice, heat it in the microwave for about 60 seconds or until hot.
2When cool add the rest of the ingredients, and salt and pepper to taste, if needed.