Italian Basil Salad
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- head of lettuce, chopped
- 1 c
- large basil leaves, cut in half (widthwise)
- 1 large
- tomato, diced into large pieces
- 3/4 c
- mexican melting cheese, crumbled (i know it isn't italian, but trust me)
- 1 medium
- bell pepper, red or orange
- 1/4 c
- cumin & balsamic vinegarette dressing (recipe below)
1Layer, from bottom up, Lettuce, Basil, Tomato, Bell Pepper, and Cheese
2Drizzle with Cumin Balsamic Dressing.
3Do not toss.
Serve with additional dressing on the side.
4For dressing Mix together:
1/2 cup extra virgin Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, 1 tsp coarse ground mustard, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp minced garlic (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper