Acini salad with kirsch and toasted coconut
My BF suggested adding some lemon zest and something crispy to put it over the top.
I love Kirsch in berry recipies, and thought what if I added that and some cherry juice instead of the mandarin orange juice.
We loved the kirchified version of this old family favorite.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- acini di pepe pasta
- 16 oz
- can mandarin oranges, drained
- 16 oz
- can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 15 oz
- can cherries, drained reserve juice. if you don't want to use canned cherries, just use the juice.
- 2 large
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 large
- lemon, zested, reserve lemon for another use
- 8 oz
- cool whip container
- fresh fruit of your choice, i like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, mango
- 1/2 c
- sweetened coconut
You can do this overnight, or earlier in the day.
You want it just lightly toasted.
In a large bowl combine everything but the toasted coconut.