Let them eat...cheeseburger salad!
I'm trying to get my grand children to eat more veggies and they love salad and of course, cheeseburgers. So I made this and it was a big hit w/ them. Not a morsel left! I make it for myself, but using ground turkey to make it healthier.
- sesame seed buns, split, cut into strips
- 1 small
- red onion, cut in 1/2, chopped
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped hamburger dill pickles
- 2 Tbsp
- prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 small
- red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 c
- chopped lettuce, l used boston lettuce
- tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 c
- shredded american or cheddar chhese
1Heat oven to 425. Place bread strips on a cookie sheet. bake 5-8 mins, or until just crisp.
2Spray a lg skillet w/ cooking spray, set over med-high heat. Cook beef until browned. Drain fat and return to pan. Stir in chopped onion, pickles and mustard. Stir until combined. Turn off heat.
3Arrange lettuce on serving platter or separate salad plates. Spoon beef mix evenly onto lettuce. Top w/ sliced onion, tomatoes and cheese. Place toasted bread around salad.