Lauren's Sausage Stuffing
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- sausage, cooked & crumbled
- 2 large
- bag stuffing bread cubes, plain
- 1 box
- stove top stuffing mix, turkey flavor (chicken flavor works as well)
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 stick
- celery, diced
- add to taste: poultry seasoning, pepper, salt, garlic,
- 2-3 Tbsp
- turkey broth (or chicken), to moisten ingredients enough to hold together
1Prepare Stove Top stuffing mix according to package directions. Cover & set aside.
2In a fry pan, cook sausage until no longer pink, and break into small pieces. Drain.
3In a very large stock pot (this gives you a lot of room to mix all this together), saute onions, pepper & celery in butter until softened. Add in the sausage, prepared stuffing mix, bread cubes, and seasonings, to taste. Mix well.
4Add broth a little at a time, mixing well just until it holds together. You want it moist, but not wet.
5** TIP: Place your turkey breast side up in the roasting pan. Using your fingertips, slide your flat hand in between the skin & the breast meat to make a pocket to put stuffing in. Then also fill the cavity of the turkey with the stuffing. Any stuffing that won't fit, can be baked in a casserole dish.