Jen's White Burger
I have be blessed in being published several times for this recipe...
I hope you like it too....
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- ground turkey breast
- scallions, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard, depending on your taste
- grated peel & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh thyme
- sea salt & pepper
- ripe bartlett pear, cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine (ex:sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, chenin blanc or a riesling)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1-2 c
- shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp
- hot pepper jelly, can substitute apple jelly - depending on your tastebuds
- ciabatta rolls, split open & toasted
In a small nonstick skillet, add the pear slices, wine, lemon juice and enough water to just cover the pear. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the pear is softened, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pear slices to a plate.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil, over medium heat. Add the turkey patties and cook, turning once, for 10-12 minutes. Top with the cheese and pear slices, tent the pan with foil and cook until the cheese is melted, 2 minutes.
Spread 1 tablespoon hot pepper jelly on each roll bottom; top with a patty and the roll top.