I hope that you will enjoy this tasty, light, yet filling sandwich.
Note: this sandwich would feed my husband and self, but I could see a hungry person easily eating both halves.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pita, homemade or store bought, cut into 2 halves
- 1/4 cup baby argula and spinach mix
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsbp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 (1/2 inch) slices of halloumi cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 red apple, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced red onion, not peeled
- 10 thin slices cucumber, not peeled, lightly salted
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp honey, wildflower
- 3 tbsp walnut pieces
1Combine arugula, spinach, basil and mint and set aside.
2Put olive oil in frying pan on medium heat and fry halloumi cheese until golden brown. Drizzle lemon juice over the cheese and set aside until needed.
This should take about 2 minutes per side, watch carefully, it burns quickly.
3For the Sauce: add the yogurt, orange zest and honey together, stir well and set aside.
4Prepare to assemble your pita sandwich.
Open pita bread, add arugula mixture, drizzle a little sauce in.
5Next add the fried cheese, apple, onions and cucumber slices.
6Drizzle more sauce on the pita sandwich and top with walnut pieces.