Awesome Bacomiento Sandwich
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 slice
- hearty bread; orowheat health nut or oat nut, or similar. would be great on rye or pumpernikel..
- 2 slice
- bacon, cooked to lightly crisp
- 1/4 c
- pimiento cheese spread...whatever brand you like. or make your own. spread as thick or thin as you like.
- ripe avocado, cut into 1/4 inch slices, drizzled very lightly with lime or lemon juice to prevent browning. you can also use your favorite guacamole.
- 1 Tbsp
- lime or lemon juice for the avocado, not needed if using guacamole
- butter, softened
1Heat griddle or skillet to medium. Spread pimiento-cheese on one slice, lay cooked bacon on top of spread; breaking or arranging as needed for good coverage. Lay 2 or 3 avocado slices on top of the bacon, or if you decide to use your favorite guacomole, spread this on remaining bread slice. Assemble the sandwich, spread butter on outside surfaces of bread, and grill each side until brown and crispy, and the cheese is melted. Different, and wonderful!