Chinese Meatballs with Sesame Rice
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- ground turkey or ground pork
- water chestnuts minced
- scallions, trimmed and minced
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- asian (dark) roasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 3 c
- hot cooked rice preferably basmanti, taxmati, or jasmine
- 2 Tbsp
- toasted sesame seeds for rice
- scallion, thinly sliced for rice
1In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, water chestnuts, scallions, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
2Use a fork to stir the ground meat mixture until its well-mixed. Use your hands to shape the meat mixture into tiny meatballs (1 to 1 1/2 in. diameter).
3Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, stirring often, until browned on all sides, about 1 min. Cover and cook until meatballs are no longer raw in the center, about 2 minutes longer.
4Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the rice, sesame seeds, scallions. Toss well to combine. Serve the meatballs beside or over rice.