CABBAGE AND SAUSAGES -- BONNIE'S
Photo is my own, and so is this humble recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- cup water
- tablespoons sugar
- onion chopped
- teaspoons minced garlic
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- teaspoon lawry's seasoning salt
- teaspoons caraway seeds
- large head of cabbage, knife cut shredded and cored
- pound smoked beef or turkey sausage, cut on diagonal
4Knife-cut the cabbage; Add to the bacon grease in the pan. Add chopped onion and garlic to the grease in the pan. Add sugar, pepper flakes, seasoning salt, caraway seeds and the water. Stir to mix, then add the knife-cut cabbage and mix again. Saute with lid on. I prefer my cabbage cooked al dente, about 20 minutes. Bill likes his well done. So I remove mine early and continue cooking his a little longer.