CABBAGE AND SAUSAGES -- BONNIE'S
Photo is my own, and so is this humble recipe.
- slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- cup water
- tablespoons sugar
- onion chopped
- teaspoons minced garlic
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- teaspoon lawry's seasoning salt
- teaspoons caraway seeds
- large head of cabbage, knife cut shredded and cored
- pound smoked beef or turkey sausage, cut on diagonal
Fry Bacon Crisp, let cool, then crumble and set aside. Remove bacon grease except for one tablespoon.
Fry the sausages in the bacon grease until nice and brown. Remove, drain on paper towels, set aside.