Macaroni and Cheese
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/2 c
- uncooked barilla plus*elbow macaroni
- 1 3/4 c
- non-fat or original soy milk
- 4 Tbsp
- melted smart balanced buttery spread divided
- 2 Tbsp
- whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp
- eggs (2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites only), beaten
- 2 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 100% whole wheat bread broken up into fresh breadcrumbs
- non-stick cooking spray
1Cook macaroni according to package directions in boiling water; drain and set aside. Combine milk, 3T melted smart balance, flour, pepper, eggs and egg white in a mixing bowl; whisk until smooth.
2Spray a shallow 2 qt. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Layer half of the cooked macaroni in the bottom of the dish; sprinkle with 2 cups cheese and top with remaining macaroni. Pour milk d egg mixture over macaroni. Toss breadcrumbs with remaining 1T melted smart balance; sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top of macaroni and cheese mixture.
3Bake at 350 degree, uncovered, for about 45 to 50 minutes; sprinkle with remaining cheese and continue baking for about 5 minutes longer.
4Makes a great meal when u have with southern oven fried chicken and peas.