Svestkove Knedliky - Czehoslovakin Fruit Dumpling
I went through grammar school and high school with my friend Patsy. Her mother Georgia would make these during the summer.
Although I never got her recipe. I would watch her make the dumplings and experiment till I figured it out.
Even today it is one of my families favorite summer dinners.
I hope you enjoy them as much as my family has.
I enjoy old recipes and I don't mind the time it takes to make the recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/2 c
- sifted organic all purpose flour
- large organic eggs, well beaten
- 1 can(s)
- gingerale or 7 up
- 1 pinch
- salt, plus 1 tablespoon of sugar
- washed and dried, fresh organic ripe fruits, peaches, apricots, nectarines, plums, cherries. do not cut them up, you are going to use the whole fruit, pits and all
- 1 c
- plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 c
- melted organic raw sweet butter. plus 2 tablespoon
- 1/2 c
- organic cane sugar
While you are waiting for the water to boil.
Take a skillet and 2 tablespoons of sweet butter. Heat pan on medium heat, melt butter and then add the bread crumbs and brown the bread crumbs. Take skillet off stove and add the sugar. Set aside.
Place the sifted flour, salt, and eggs in a bowl. Add about 1/2 a can of the gingerale or 7 up. Beat until all is incorporated and it's shinny..if it is too thick add a little more of the soda. You will need a dough that isn't loose, but a bit tacky and you can roll.