Sausage Zucchini Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- jimmy dean light sausage or venison sausage
- 1 jar(s)
- (lg) marinara/primavera sauce
- fresh zucchini slicked and cooked
- 2 c
- brown rice (cooked per instructions on box)
- small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- 1 pkg
- grated cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
1Brown Sausage and chopped onion in skillet.
2Cook rice separately according to package directions. Drain.
3When sausage is browned, add marinara sauce, rice, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat together.
4Spray 13x9 casserole dish with olive oil or butter spray to prevent sticking and pour sausage mixture into casserole dish.
5Cook zucchini separately. When tender, drain water and pour of top of sausage mixture.
6Season with salt and pepper.
7Top with grated cheese and bake at 400 degrees until cheese is bubbly.