Vegetarian Mexican Pizzas
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- (7-inch) whole grain/wheat tortilla
- 8 tsp
- olive oil
- 2 c
- vegetarian refried beans
- 2 c
- morning star farms brand crumbles, thawed
- 4 Tbsp
- diced green chiles
- 1 c
- salsa (any type you prefer)
- 8 oz
- shredded colby-jack cheese
- veggies of your choice - i use diced tomato, green onion, shredded lettuce, black olives
1Brown tortillas one at a time in two tsp. olive oil and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes or until crisp and brown.
2Heat refried beans on stove until they're soft. divide into fourths and spread on each individual tortilla.
3Divide salsa in fourths and spread over refried beans like pizza sauce.
4Sprinkle each tortilla with 1 Tbsp. green chiles and 1/2 cup vegitarian crumbles.
5Sprinkle 2 oz. of shredded cheese over each tortilla then sprinkle with veggies you like, reserving lettuce if you're using it.
6Bake in oven at 400 degrees until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with shredded lettuce if you're using it then slice into quarters with a pizza cutter. Yield 4 personal pizzas.