I tried this for potluck at church and it was a hit. IAfter trying it as the recipe calls for because of it being the first time making it, I will add a few ingredients the next time. I will add some sliced black olives to the layers and dollop the top with sour cream when I am ready to serve.
- 2 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 2 medium
- zucchine, thinly sliced
- 1 jar(s)
- (16 oz) salsa
- 1 c
- fresh or froze (thawed) corn
- 1 Tbsp
- no-salt added chili powder
- 1 can(s)
- (8 oz) tomato sauce
- oven-ready (no boil) lasagna noodles
- 1 can(s)
- refried beans
- 8 oz
- shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c
- packed fresh cilantro leaves ( i didn't add this ingred.)
11. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray shallow 2 qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. (I doubled this recipe and used a 9x13 pan)
22. In 12-in. skillet, heat oil on medium. Add onion. Cook 2 min or until beginning to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in zucchini, salsa, corn and chili powder. Cook 2 to 3 min or until zucchini is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
33. On bottom of prepared dish, spread half of tomato sauce. Arrange 2 lasagna noodles in single layer. Top with half of beans and half of vegetables. Arrange 2 more lasagna noodles in single layer. Top with half of cheese. Repeat with remaining sauce, noodles, beans, and vegetables. Top with remaining cheese.
44. Cover tightly with foil and bake 30 min. Remove foil and bake another 15 to 20 min or until bubbly and noodles are tender. Remove from oven; let stand 5 min. Top with cilantro if you are using.
I made this dish the night before and baked it the next day and it turned out good.
Please let me know what you think when you try this recipe..I really think it would be good adding the black olives to it and topping with sour cream. ENJOY!