Easy Hot Tamales
Tamales can be time consuming, but not the way I make 'em!
- 3 to 4
- ears of corn
- roasted/chopped green chile pepper, anaheim, hatch, etc
- 1 c
- blue corn meal
- 1 c
- masa harina
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- chile powder, depending on how hot!
- 3 clove
- garlic finely chopped (optional)
- onion finely chopped(optional)
THERE ARE A LOT OF OPTIONS FOR THE RECIPE, BEANS ETC...BUT THIS IS A REALLY FAST RECIPE FOR QUICK MEAL.
1alot of people really don't know how to eat a cooked tamale. You peel away the husk and just eat the corn filling, discarding the husk!
First step is to peel the corn and save the husks
3On Stove, boil water, salt, oil. Turn off gas, then add corn meal... chili powder, green chiles, and about a cup of fresh corn. mix well...let cool.
44. Place a bit of mixture in two husks. (over-lapping like a X or +.) Fold over four sides and place in steamer open end down.