Risotto - Shrimp and Wild Mushroom
Please feel free to use the amount of shrimp you want, we like a lot.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- teaspoon salt, divided
- teaspoon pepper, divided
- tablespoons olive oil
- ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced
- tablespoons butter
- cup sweet onion, chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2
- cups arborio rice
- (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- teaspoon ground turmeric
- cup dry white wine
- cup frozen peas, small and thawed
- cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded (good quality)
- tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
1Toss shrimp with 1/2 tsp marjoram, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper.
2Heat oil over medium high heat.
3Add shrimp, cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
4Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
5Add mushrooms to pan and cook 4-5 minutes until browned.
6Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
7Add butter, onion, garlic, remaining marjoram, salt and pepper to pan and cook till tender 3-4 minutes.
8Add rice, and stir for 2-3 minutes.
9In a small pot bring broth and turmeric to boil, remove from heat and cover with lid to keep hot.
10Add wine to rice mixture, stirring constantly until wine is absorbed 2-3 minutes.
11Add 1 cup of hot broth at a time, until almost all liquid is absorbed.
12Rice should be tender, 25-30 minutes.
13Add peas, shrimp and mushrooms to last 5 minutes of cooking.
14Remove from heat and sir in cheese, sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest-- Serve immediately.