Mom's Sloppy Joes
Most of all, Sloppy Joes remind me of Sunday Suppers, at the church I attended as a kid. They always served a supper before church services, and If I remember correctly, the cost was only .25 cents. The meal consisted of 1 sloppy joe, carrot and celery sticks, potato chips, soft drink and a cookie or ice cream cup for dessert. Enjoy!
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef or ground chuck (i used 85% lean grass fed ground beef)
- medium-large onion, small dice
- green bell pepper, small dice
- jalapeno, small dice (optional)
- celery ribs, small dice
- 15 oz. cans stewed tomatoes (cut-up)
- 14.5 oz can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/4-1/2 c
- tomato ketchup
- 1 can(s)
- condensed chicken gumbo soup (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste (i leave out the salt)
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
My favorite: A dab of mayo and a squirt of mustard, mixed together on top with a dab of sweet pickle relish.
The Hubs Favorite: Sliced onion on top with mustard and ketchup on bun.
Enjoy your Favorite way:!