Weeknight Italian Sausage Pasta with Broccoli
I have made this recipe so many times, I have it down to a science and can have it on the table from start to finish in 20 minutes. The timing is key, so follow my steps and this will be the most delicious, easiest dinner you can muster after a busy day.
- 3 Tbsp
- light olive oil for sauteing
- links turkey italian sausage, cases removed (about 12 oz)
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 3 1/2 c
- broccoli florets (a whole crown package cut into florets)
- 1 pkg
- whole wheat penne pasta (appx 13 oz)
- freshly grated romano or asiago cheese for topping
And the broccoli to the pasta pot, stir, and leave it alone for 3 more minutes.
After draining the pasta and broccoli, dump them into the sausage saucepan. Stir everything over medium high until the water is mostly absorbed and everything is well-coated. Serve with freshly grated Romano or Asiago cheese and a salad.