Yep, It's Spicy Glazed Chicken
It spurred me to try my own favorite seasonings on this lovely glazed chicken.
You will be pleasantly surprised, this dish is definitely company worthy.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chicken, roasted (whole or pieces)
- cup honey, liquid wildflower
- cup sherry wine, good quality
- tablespoon lemon juice, meyer
- tablespoon soya sauce, dark
- tablespoon mirin
- tablespoons garlic chives, finely chopped
- tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- shallot, finely minced
- teaspoons ginger, pureed, fresh
- teaspoon sea salt, coarse
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- teaspoon potato flour
- scallions, thinly sliced (garnish)
- cups rice, cooked
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2Place previously cooked chicken, in an oven proof dish.
3Combine the honey with the sherry in pan, on low and heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
4Next add the lemon juice, soya sauce and Mirin to the honey mixture and blend well.
5Now add the chives, garlic, shallot, ginger, salt, pepper flakes and potato flour to the honey and sherry, stirring until mixture boils and starts to thicken.
6Pour the glaze over the chicken and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes.
7Serve on a bed of rice.