Creamy Lemon Chicken ( lowfat)
I do not like diets they often fail.
I just make healthier versions of favorites.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4-5 medium
- boneless skinless chicken breasts/ cut into chunks
- 1 medium
- orange or red sweet pepper slices into strips
- 1 medium
- onion sliced ( sweet type)
- 3 clove
- fresh garlic minced
- 1 can(s)
- 13 ounce chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 can(s)
- 2% evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon peel
- the juice of the lemon used for the peel
- 1 tsp
- poultry seasoning( i love paul prudome chicken one best)
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL TO BROWN CHICKEN ( A FEW TABLESPOONS)
1Brown the chicken in a little of the oil
2Add onions and peppers and sauté
Add garlic and stir in do not allow garlic to burn
3Add seasoning and stir in then add the chicken broth
4Now add lemon peel and simmer until chicken pieces are done
5Add juice of the lemon used for the peel.
6Simmer about. 15 minutes
7Turn off the stove .
Stir in the evaporated 2% milk
Stir in completely until creamy
8Mix some cornstarch into water to create a paste
Stir into the sauce to thicken it.
9I like this on brown rice but you can serve it on noodles or pasta .