Potato and Salami Cheesecake
Oh my is it good.
- 3 lb
- potatoes, waxy gold, such as yukon gold
- 4 tsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 c
- fresh breadcrumbs, toasted until golden brown
- 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 4 large
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- frshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 1 bunch
- flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 4 oz
- asiago, grated
- 1/2 lb
- sweet italian salami, cut into 1/4-inch dice. i used small bits of ham instead
Then dust the bottom and sides with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
Sprinkle the grated Asiago over the potato mixture to within 1/4 inch of the outer edge. but not over.
Top with the remaining potato mixture and carefully smooth it over with a wet spatula.
Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup breadcrumbs and dot with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 min.
Unmold onto a serving plate and cut into wedges like a cheesecake to serve.
It makes a lot and is smooth and cheesy.