Lisa's Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- boneless chicken breasts or tenders, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 12 oz
- ham or turkey ham, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 c
- broccoli florets, chopped into bite sized pieces
- turnips, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 oz
- swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 clove
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp
- dried dill
- 2 tsp
- dried chives
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
1Mix broccoli, chicken, ham (or turkey ham) and turnips in a large bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
2Blend the heavy cream into the cream cheese and shredded Swiss cheese in a small pot over low heat until just melted.
3Into the cheese mixture, add garlic, pepper, dill, chives and optional fresh parsley. Stir until combined and pour over meat mixture in bowl.
4Pour contents of bowl into a greased 12 X 7 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
5**If you add raw chicken, bake at least 40 minutes and reduce heavy cream to 1/4 cup.