Last Minute Pantry Dinner Casserole
So, I think I turned my fear into a OMG it’s so good moment! AND, I got a lot of vegetables in!! There would’ve been pics, but we were in a rush this time. Maybe next time...hopefully!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 bag(s)
- frozen stir fry vegetables (kroger brand)*
- stir-fry veggies had frzn mushrooms, peppers, onions, rice & broccoli
- 2 can(s)
- condensed cream of chicken
- 6 oz
- vanilla flavored yogurt 1 container (walmart brand)
- 3/4 to 1 c
- italian style shredded cheeses (light yellow colors not orange)
- 1 bag(s)
- or sleeve roasted vegetable ritz crackers (lightly crushed)
- 1 bag(s)
- frozen chicken strips (roasted)
- 1 can(s)
- sweet corn
- 3 or 4
- big pieces of cornbread (reserve 1.5 cups for topping)
- black pepper to taste
1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray or butter a 9x13 inch casserole dish and set aside.
2Mix frozen vegetables, cream of chicken, yogurt, shredded cheese, and sleeve of lightly crushed Ritz crackers, mixing as you go. Add about 1 handful of the cornbread and toss in, mixing it in.
3Lightly defrost frozen, roasted chicken strips. Break and/or chop into bite size pieces. Open can of sweet corn, drain can corn well, then add and mix altogether well. Add black pepper to taste.
4At this point, I added the remaining (crumbled) cornbread as a topping. It browned just a little bit, but was pleasantly surprised. You could cover the dish in the last 5 minutes with tinfoil in case you do not want the topping to burn.
5Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until bubbling on the sides.