HOT TACO DIP for a Crowd
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- 2 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 pkg
- taco seasoning mix (divided, 1/2 pkg. & 1 1/2 pkg.)
- 1 1/2 c
- salsa, tomato-based (your favorite)
- 1 can(s)
- refried beans
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh chives or green onion tops
- 8 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium
- fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small
- can sliced black olives (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- fresh jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- tortilla chips for serving
1Lightly grease a 9"x13" casserole with cooking oil spray or butter.
2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in middle position.
3In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, thoroughly cook ground beef and onions until meat is no longer pink and onions are translucent; drain, return to skillet and set aside.
4In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 package of taco seasoning mix until light and fluffy.
5Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bottom of casserole and set aside.
6Add remaining seasoning mix and salsa to meat; mix well and simmer over medium-low heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
7Add refried beans and mix well to combine.
8Spread meat mixture over cream cheese in dish.
9Sprinkle with half the chives or green onions.
10Evenly distribute cheese over the top and then top with the chopped tomatoes.
11Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
12Remove from oven; garnish with remainder of chives or green onions and your choice of optional ingredients.