Mamma’mia good.... pizza’palooza
Irisa Raina 9
This is usually my go to quick pizza, and of course toppings can be changed to suite your taste.
I’ve made this as an all vegetarian style with mushrooms, spinach & artichokes just to name a few suggestions.
When you caramelize onions it will look like a lot but like spinach once it starts to cook you’ll have about ½ the amount.
When I’m real ambitious I will make several pans of the pre-baked dough and onions. I let them get cold wrap them very well and freeze.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 12 to 16 ounces whole wheat dough “ either store bought or homemade “
- 1 small/medium red onion caramelized
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1 cup to 1 & ½ cups of marinara sauce “either homemade or store bought.
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes “optional” but please don’t leave it out
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese “ the kind in the green container “
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- pepperoni “ how ever much you like”
- 1 tablespoon oil
- parchment paper
- anchovies “optional “
1Put the oil in a pan.
2Slice the onion thin and sauté it on low along with the sugar till it is soft and starts to caramelize. Stir this as it is cooking so it will cook evenly and not burn.
4Preheat oven to 250.
5Cut the parchment slightly larger than the pizza pan. Roll out the dough to fit the pan and place it on the parchment.
7Pull it out carefully and top with the sauce, dry cheese, sauce and pepperoni.
9Let this rest for about 10 minutes so it will be easier to handle.
10Top with anchovies if you’re so inclined, just please don’t tell me…LOL