Mushroom Omelette- open-faced
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 lb
- sliced mixed fresh mushrooms, criminis and wild chanterelles
- 1 large
- yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- extra-virgin olive oil
- scallions, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 clove
- garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp
- red-wine vinegar
- 8 large
- eggs plus 1 tablespoon water
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 5 sprig(s)
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth, trim stems, and slice. Cook onions with sugar in oil in a 9-inch skillet over low heat until caramelized, about 30 minutes. Add mushrooms, scallions, garlic and vinegar and cook another 10 minutes. Remove half the mixture and set aside.
2Preheat oven to 350^. Whisk eggs with 1 Tablespoon of water in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Turn heat up to medium-low; add eggs to mushroom mixture in skillet. Tilt pan and use a wooden spoon to gently draw the uncooked egg toward center of skillet.
When eggs are still a bit runny, top with parsley and reserved mushroom mixture; finish omelette in the oven, about 3 minutes. Serve at once!