Toasted sesame seed Asian grilled shrimp
Irisa Raina 9
It really turned out good, phew...and when I make the marinade next time I'll make a lot more of it to freeze.
We had this with risotto & fresh asparagus and a garden salad.
These were suppose to go on the BBQ but our winds kicked up so I ended up doing them on my indoor grille pan.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pound cleaned “ tail on “ shrimp ~ 26/30 count
- ½ cup sliced green onions “ white and green parts “
- 2 & ½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ~ 13 ounce jar plum preserves
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice from a 20 ounce can of canned pineapple chunks “ not in heavy syrup “ reserving the pineapple for another meal
- 1 teaspoon sriacha hot sauce “ optional “ but this really puts it over the top!
3Remove the pan off the hot part of the stove and let the seeds cool in the pan.
4Once the pan has cooled add the preserves, soy sauce, pineapple juice & hot sauce simmer very slowly till it had reduced by 1/2. This should be thick at this point. How long this part will take depends on your stove, everyone’s is different. I simmered mine about 20 to 25 minutes. Just make sure you stir it every 5 minutes or so. Let it cool.
7Reserve the other ½ of the marinade for another meal.