Sweet and Hot Shrimp Tacos
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- fresh or frozen pitted red cherries (if frozen, no need to thaw)
- 1 to 2
- jalapeno peppers,cut in half and seeded (tip: use 1 mild, 2 for medium to hot)
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and quartered
- 4 tsp
- raw honey
- 24 large
- raw shrimp (just over 1 lb), shells and tails removed
- 1/4 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- whole grain corn soft taco shells
- 1 small
- head radicchio, thinly sliced (8oz)
- 4 large
- carrots, peeled and grated (8oz)
- cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
1Place cherries,jalapeno,ginger and honey in a mini chopper or blender along with 1/4 cup water. Blend until smooth (there may be very small bits of cherry).
2Season shrimp with salt. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil and shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, until shrimp are pink on the outside but not cooked through. Reduce heat to medium and carefully add cherry mixture. Simmer for about 2 minutes, until sauce reduces slightly and shrimp are cooked through.
3Preheat an oven or toaster oven to 400 and warm taco shells for 2 minutes. Spoon 3 shrimp and 1 tbsp cherry sauce into each taco and top with 2 tsp each radicchio and carrots. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.