Shrimp Macaroni Summer Salad By Freda
Summer is just too Hot to Cook, a Big Meal. This salad fills the Ticket Well for Us. It's Filling and full of Flavor, on those Hot days of Summer.
SO EASY takes very Little Time to Prepare.
Hope You'll take time to try it and Enjoy.
Photo Coming soon!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Box
- small elbow macaroni or shell macaroni, cooked , drain and cool.
- 1 Lb
- fresh (cooked) salad shrimp, rinsed. (save a handful for the top of the salad.)
- 3-4 stalks
- celery, sliced and chopped
- eggs, boiled, cooled , will be sliced for around the top of salad
- 2 sm
- cans of chopped olives, drained
- 1/2 C
- fresh parsley, chopped small ( optional)
- 1/2 cup
- sweet relish
- 1/2-1 C
- mayonaise, ( best foods)
- 1 TBS
- yellow mustard or djon mustard
- 1 Tsp
- onion powder, or 1/2 cup chopped and diced onion
- 2 Tbs
- sweet pickle juice , (from any pickle jar)
- last but not least; add; salt and pepper to taste.
CLASSIC HOMEMADE COOL SUMMER SHRIMP MACARONI SALAD
DRESSING . . . . MIX THE FOLLOWING TOGETHER, SET ASIDE.
NOTE: THIS RECIPE CAN BE EASILY DOUBLED FOR A LARGE CROWD.
1Cook Macaroni, per Package directions in salted water.
Rinse, Drain, Cool, and set aside.
Boil eggs, peel, & Cool set aside.
Rinse the Shrimp, Drain, Cool.
DRESSING: Mix all ingredients for the Dressing Set this aside.
2Add Chilled Shrimp to Mixed Dressing above. Toss well and Chill.
Chop, celery, onion, . Place in a large Bowl.
Add; Olives, Parsley & 1/2 Cup Pickle Relish.
ADD; This to Chilled Macroni.
Add; Shrimp with the dressing to Macaroni.
Toss well, add 2 Tbs Pickle Juice, Toss again.
3Top with Boiled Eggs Sliced around the Top edge of your Bowl.
Place Handfull of the Shrimp (This You saved above) to the top of this salad and Serve.
ENJOY A COOL SUMMER SALAD.
Tip: Can be made Day ahead, Just top with Boiled eggs and shrimp just before serving.
TIP: Can Serve on a bed of Lettuce or Just as a full Cool Summer meal, or Side Dish.