Pam's Quick to Fix Fish in Foil
- firm white fish fillets (i prefer cod, halibut, flounder or haddock)
- any jullienned or chopped vegetables (whatever you have available)
- your favorite seasonings (herbs, blends, spices, salt and pepper)
- oils of some sort ( butter, olive oil, oil and vinegar dressings)
- some kind of acid ingredient (lemon, wine, lime, vinegar)
Wash and cut veggies into pieces (I like julienned, but you can just chop them if you like. They just need to be small enough to steam in 20 minutes) I also like to lay some fresh Italian parsley down and put the fish on top of it, but it is not necessary. I encourage you to play with your food.
Place on a baking pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes. If your fish fillet is frozen and thicker than 1 inch, you may need to cook the packet for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Pull open the foil (careful, steam burns hurt) and slide the fish and veggies onto a plate. Serve with a nice crusty roll and maybe some rice if you think you need it. There will be lots of tasty juices to soak up.