Lemon Pepper Panko Crusted Fish
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4-6 medium
- haddock filets, cod filets, or other firm white fish
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- lemon pepper Panko crumbs
- 1/4 c
- instant potato flakes, dry
- 1/4 c
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil for frying, 1/4 inch depth
- enough flour for dredging fish filets
- salt and pepper, to taste
1I found lemon pepper panko crumbs at Wal-Mart Superfoods.
2Place flour in a plastic bag, add salt and pepper to your liking, about a 1/2 tsp each. Add fish filets and shake to coat.
3Mix egg with water in a dish, roll fish filets in egg mixture. Then roll in Panko crumbs, potato flakes and Parmesan cheese that have been mixed and placed in another dish.
4Repeat back into egg mixture and then into panko crumbs once more.
5Put olive oil in a fry pan and heat on medium high. Fry fish on each side for about 3 minutes or until fish are a nice golden brown and crunchy.
6Remove to a plate and serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.