Mertzie's Baked Pesto Tilapia
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- tilapia fillets
- cherry tomatoes (about)
- large onion, chopped in large chunks
- spinach leaves (about half bag)
- red pepper, chopped in large chunks
- handful or more of walnuts (whole or chopped)
- sea salt, pesto, parmesan
1Heat oven to 375. Get a large piece of foil for each piece of fish. Spray well w/ cooking spray on one side.
2Place a bed of spinach on the sprayed side of the foil. Lay the tilapia on top & sprinkle w/ a bit of sea salt & squeeze some lemon juice on top. Spread a generous amount of pesto on top, and then add the veggies, lemon slices, and walnuts to the packet.
3Fold foil over loosely to make a packet. Bake the packets on a cookie sheet. After fish cooks about 15-20 minutes, open up the packets carefully & sprinkle w/ some fresh parmesean on top. Continue baking another 5 minutes.