Sticky Lemon Chicken
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- kosher chicken breasts or whole kosher chicken cut in 8 pieces
- sea salt and freshly ground mixed pepper - to taste
- 8 large
- cloves of garlic-cut in half length wise
- fresh english thyme sprigs-slightly crushed or dried thyme
- a good splash of apple cider vinegar (about 3-4 tsp.)
- meyer lemon sliced very thin over a bowl to save the juice, rind and all- only remove the seeds
- 2-3 tsp
- candied ginger or you can use fresh ginger if you can't find candied
- 4-5 Tbsp
- dark soy sauce
- 6-8 Tbsp
- organic honey (i prefer tropical fruit honey, but it is hard to buy so use orange blossom honey)
- 1/2-1 tsp
- red chili pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- about 1/2 cup of hot water
Remove the chicken. Add the Thyme and vinegar and deglaze. Reduce by half. Add the soy sauce, candied ginger, honey and red pepper flakes. Stir to mix. Return chicken to pan, turn the chicken to coat all pieces evenly.
Serve over a bed of Lemon or Saffron rice.
This also works well with Oranges or fresh Pineapple.
Also works great with Pork steaks or country style pork ribs. I use an orange or pineapple when I do pork.