Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Soft Tacos
We now cook it all the time. You can use any meat really. Left overs from the grill are perfect.
I do warn you that if you follow the recipe it is very hot, but you can use mild ingedients if you don't like the spicy flavors.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- whole jalapeno rotisserie chicken (shred or cut into small pieces)
- 12 oz
- hot pico de gallo (ready to go, in your local grocery produce department)
- 1 1/2 c
- chunky habanero salsa
- 1 medium
- onion (diced)
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 Tbsp
- chili flakes
- 2 stick
- butter, salted
- garlic salt
- hot slap ya mama cajun seasoning (your choice, but i found this to be my favorite)
- flour and/or corn tortillas
- diced tomato
- diced onion
- shredded lettuce
- sliced avocado
- sour cream
- monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- queso cheese sauce
- refried beans
- spanish rice
- corn chips
- dice your veggies and freeze them when you can. i always save any unused fresh veggies in the freezer. when i need to prepare something fast they are close at hand. i love it when bell peppers are on sale! perfect time to chop and freeze
- hot jalapeno peppers ~ look for the little brown lines. the more there are, the hotter they are.
1Melt 1 stick of butter in a large skillet. Saute onions, bell peppers, Jalapenos, chili flakes, and "HOT" Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, until tender.
2Add chicken, pico and salsa. There should be lots of juices in the pan. Add garlic salt to taste. Don't hold back on the "Slap Ya Mama"!! Bring to a nice boil for a few minutes. Lower the heat and simmer until juices have almost evbaporated.
3Use butter to heat the tortillas one at a time in a skillet. Serve buttery and hot!!