Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
Virginia (Ginger) Dean
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- pieces chicken breast tenderloins, boneless, skinless
- 2 c
- buttermilk, or enough to cover chicken pieces
- 3 to 4 c
- unbleached plain or white lily® unbleached self-rising flour
- 1 rounded Tbsp
- rumford baking powder (if using plain flour)
- app. 3-4 c
- cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp
- salt per cup flour used (if using plain flour)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c
- sweet milk (regular milk)
- if you fry more than one batch of chicken increase your flour and oil accordingly.
Prepare 3 bowls or pans with flour in two of them and milk egg mixture in a third pan. Have extra flour ready to add to bowls or pans as flour gets clumped up.
1. Put them into egg/milk mixture
2. Batter in flour
3 Dip again into egg/milk mixture
4. Batter them again in flour
This will give you a wonderful, thick and crispy crust on your chicken.
Always be very careful and safe when working with hot oil.