Skillet Chicken Divan
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 4 medium
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- uncooked quick cooking brown rice
- 3 c
- green giant valley fresh steamers frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar or american cheese
- water called for on brown rice package for 1 cup uncooked rice
1Melt butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken; cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
2Remove chicken from skillet. Add water, mustard, salt and pepper to skillet; stirring with wire whisk until blended. Heat to boiling. Stir in rice; return to boiling. Place chicken pieces and broccoli over rice. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
3Sprinkle with cheese; cover ad let stand 5 minutes.