Salsa Chicken, Low Fat
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tsp
- taco seasoning mix (you can use less if you prefer a milk flavor)
- 1 c
- salsa, use mild, medium, or hot as you prefer
- 1/2 c
- low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- low fat or fat free sour cream, optional
1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place chicken breasts in a non-stick sprayed 9 by13 inch baking dish. Or use olive oil to grease pan.
Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken, and pour salsa over all.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
2Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.
Note: SOme low fat cheeses don't melt well. Just heat a bit and serve if you use this type of cheese.