MARGARITA CHICKEN & RICE SKILLET
Recipe & photo: kraft.com
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c
- kraft zesty lime vinaigrette dressing, divided
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- red pepper, chopped
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c
- long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh celery leaves
- 1/2 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- tri-color tortilla strips
1Heat 2 Tbsp. of the dressing in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden brown on both sides. Remove from skillet.
2Add peppers and onions to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add broth, rice, cumin and remaining dressing to skillet; stir. Bring to boil. Top with chicken; cover.
3Simmer on medium-low heat about 30 minutes or until chicken is done and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
4To serve, garnish with celery leaves and tri-color tortilla strips.