Italian Chicken Salad
I have served this at potlucks several times since it makes quite a lot. It has been a hit every time I take it.
I am not a big fan of mayonnaise based salads, so this was a plus for me with this recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 10 c
- coarsely shredded cooked chicken (from about 3 purchase roasted whole chickens)
- red and/or yellow bell peppers
- 1 1/4 c
- paper-thin slices red onion
- 3/4 c
- slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 c
- red wine vinaigrette, recipe follows
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c
- red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c
- lemon juice
- 2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c
- olive oil, light
RED WINE VINAIGRETTE
1Roast the peppers, peel and seed them. Let cool, then cut in strips.
2Toss the chicken, bell peppers, onion, and almonds in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Season the chicken salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
3Red Wine Vinaigrette: Combine the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper in a blender. With the machine running, gradually add the oil and blend until emulsified.