Island Paradise Paella
I thank my grandparents on both sides from Puerto Rico for giving me the chance while younger and then while older to experience the wonderful flavors that your hands would create.
I thank my parents for letting me explore outside of my heritage to create an abundance of flavor through trial and era.
- 1/2 pt
- goya or any good olive oil
- diced up pork chops
- cloves of garlic minced
- small onions chopped up
- medium tomato, skin off, seeded and chopped
- green pepper seeded and cut into slices
- yellow pepper seeded and cut into slices
- red or orange pepper seeded and cut into slices
- whole chicken cut into parts
- a pinch of salt & pepper for taste
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano, and dried thyme
- lobster claws
- 24 oz
- white rice
- 3 c
- chicken brooth
- 1/4 tsp
- charizos chopped up into little pieces (i like goya)
- uncooked shrimps, peeled and veined
- small cans of beans or 6 oz of fresh beans
- 4 tsp
- lemon cut into wedges
Then set aside.
Season with salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme, and cumin. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.