Chili Cornbread Pie
- 1 lb
- ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 pkg
- chili seasoning or taco seasoning mix
- 2 can(s)
- (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 15 1/4 oz
- can no salt whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 oz
- can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 oz
- can evaporated milk, divided
- 4 oz
- can diced green chilies, drained, optional
- 2 box
- (8.5 oz. each) corn muffin mix
- 2 large
- sliced avocado, salsa and/or sour cream for garnish
Cook meat in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili seasoning, tomato sauce, corn, beans,chilies, and 3/4 cup of the milk.Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture into prepared dish.
Combine muffin mix, remaining 3/4 c. milk and eggs in medium bowl; stir until just moistened. Spread over meat mixture.
Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with garnishes.