Chicken Taco Pizza (Diabetic)
Lean Meat(d.e): 3
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- whole wheat pita bread rounds, split horizontally
- 1 tsp
- olive oil or canola oil
- 2- 5 oz
- can no-salt-added chunk chicken breast, drained
- 1/4 c
- bottled salsa
- 1 c
- shredded reduced-fat/fat free monterey jack and/or cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded lettuce
- 2/3 c
- halved grape tomatoes or chopped tomato
- (recipe below) light sour cream drizzle
- 1 c
- light sour cream
- 1-2 tsp
- fat-free milk
LIGHT SOUR CREAM DRIZZLE
1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pita bread pieces, cut sides up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Lightly brush cut sides of each piece with oil. Bake about 4 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together drained chicken and salsa. Evenly spoon chicken mixture over pita bread pieces. Sprinkle with cheese.
3Bake about 5 minutes more or until chicken is heated through and cheese melts
4To serve, top with lettuce and sprinkle with grape tomatoes. Drizzle with Light Sour Cream Drizzle.
5FOR SOUR CREAM DRIZZLE...
In a small bowl, stir together light sour cream and fat-free milk. If desired, transfer mixture to a small resealable plastic bag. Snip off one corner and squeeze onto pizzas.