- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 large yellow onion (sliced or chopped)
- 2 cartons fresh, sliced mushrooms
- 3 ‘family sized’ cans tomato soup
- 1 large bag frozen petite broccoli florets
- 2 tsps. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 – 2 tsps. black pepper (to taste)
- 1 – 3 tsps. red pepper flakes (optional – to taste)
Place all ingredients in 6 quart crockpot and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours or low for 4 – 6 hours.
In a large skillet, heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil or butter over medium heat. Sauté onion until it begins to caramelize; add mushroom and garlic and sauté until slightly browned. Remove onion/mushroom/garlic mixture to a plate.