Zucchini Lasagna the zucchini are the noodles
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- large zucchini's sliced very thin, long ways. (use the mandoline slicer) you want them as thin as a lasagna noodle or about 1/4 inch.
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (or vegetable oil and add as you saute the zucchini.)
- jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce ( i love paul newman's sockerooni sauce)
- 1 lb
- cooked and drained hamburger
- 16 oz
- cottage cheese. (doesnt matter if it is low fat or regular.)
- 2 c
- mozzarella cheese, grated.
- 3/4 c
- parmesan cheese ( i like shaved or you can use shredded) dont use the canned stuff, you want freshly grated or shaved.
- 2 Tbsp
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice the zucchini very thin, length wise (long wise). I use a mandolin slicer for this.
Saute the zucchini in the oil over medium heat until they feel like cooked lasagna noodles. Flip them often. You want them limp. Put to the side on a plate as you cook them.
NOTE: I have also tried just using them with out this step. Works fine if they are sliced thin. Also, I have sliced them thin, and froze them. De thaw and drain and they are ready without the need to cook them first.
2Combine the hamburger in the sauce. Put aside.
3Blend the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and chives together in a separate bowl. Put to the side. Reserve some of the Mozzarella cheese for layering on top.
4Layer in a baking pan in this order:
1/3 of the sauce
1/2 of the zucchini
1/3 cottage cheese blend
the rest of the sauce
the rest of the cottage cheese
the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted on the top.